Nestled in between the crazies of Black Friday and the lazies of Cyber Monday are the amazing shoppers of Small Business Saturday.
Started by American Express back in 2010, Small Business Saturday has become a widely recognized national holiday and one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
But, don’t be deceived! Small Business Saturday is not just for small businesses who have products either. The Shop Local day applies to any small company, store, online product, or sole proprietorship with 250 employees or less who earn less money than larger companies.
Sound like you? Well, then it’s time to get prepped and ready! The day’s less than a week away!
- Get Organized: Whether you run a brick & mortar store, an online shop, or a service-based business, get organized. Run a mini KonMari method on your workplace. Clean up the cups, wipe up the crumbs, and rid yourself of the rubbish before the big shopping day. You never know who’s going to walk through that door.
- Plan a special promotion w/ a custom hashtag, and promote, promote, promote! Create a special coupon code, use a custom hashtag, and promote the heck out of that bad boy on your social channels, blog, and website. Those who have the code get a special discount…and freebies are always awesome too!
- Is Your Website Working? Make sure all plugins are up to date, your site has been backed up, and there aren’t any issues happening that you’re not aware of.
- Tell Some Stories: Everybody loves to hear stories…especially on Instagram and Facebook! They get so much more engagement and viewers! It’s a lot more fun and a lot easier than it sounds. Sign up for one of our training sessions, and we can walk you through it step by step!
- Post Your Holiday Hours! Make sure to plaster your holiday hours anywhere and everywhere you can! Put them on all of your social channels, in your voicemail messages, in your email signature, in your automatic text messages, etc. If you’re not planning to be open…let people know!
Need help getting ready for Small Business Saturday? Reach out to Green Bag Designs for a 2020 Marketing Strategy Session today! We’ve got all your marketing needs IN THE BAG!