What is Small Business Saturday?
Believe it or not, Small Business Saturday was created by American Express! The thriving credit card company believed smaller, more localized shops were at the core of America’s neighborhoods, and smack dab in the middle of the 2010 recession the #shopsmall movement and Small Business Saturday® was born!
When is Small Business Saturday?
Small Business Saturday is easy to remember because it’s falls right in between the two busiest shopping days of the year! Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Small Biz Saturday is November 28, 2020 this year.
How to Have a Successful Small Business Saturday Amid Covid
- Plan special rates, sales, and incentives.
- Offer curbside pick-up &/or contactless delivery.
- Collaborate w/ other small businesses in your vicinity.
- Host a virtual event!
- Start advertising today: whip up some flyers, go live on your socials, make some reels, and make sure you tell everyone who will listen that you’ll have a sale going on, either in-store, virtual (OR BOTH) Saturday, November 21, 2020.
How You Can Support Local Businesses on Small Business Saturday
- Make a pledge to buy a certain % of your Christmas gifts from local artisans and vendors.
- Share your favorite local businesses and products on your socials.
- Eat at your favorite restaurants, enjoy happy hour at your favorite local watering hole, or grabe take-out from your favorite local spot for supper whenever you can!
Our favorite Local Charleston Artisans, Restaurants, and Small Businesses