Podcasts have been a part of the social scene for years. Nine times out of nine, you could pull a topic out of a hat and there will be a cast on the subject, but all that means is that you most definitely should start a podcast for your business.
Why Should You Start a Podcast For Your Business?
- Podcasts will drive more targeted and engaging clientele to your business, brand, and website.
- You have the opportunity to repurpose evergreen content and reach a wider audience.
- People want to learn new things!!!! When you start a podcast, people start coming to you to learn new things and you become a power player in your niche and industry.
How Do I Start a Podcast?
Beginning a podcast isn’t very hard, but there are a lot of critical steps, if your podcast is based around your small business, most of the hard stuff has already been handled!
- Have a brand-specific podcast logo & cover art designed
- Add a podcast page to your website.
- Choose a format (scripted, news, education, interview, combo, etc)
- Have intro & outro music been created?
- Research and purchase microphones & equipment.
- Record (and video?) your first show!
- Edit the podcast.
- Submit your podcast to Apple Podcasts (iTunes).
- Decide if you want to submit to other channels (Spotify, Youtube, etc)
- Promote your podcast!
How do I Promote My Podcast?
Promoting your podcast can be pretty easy to do, especially since you already have a small business and a fan base!
- Tell all your friends and family about it then ask them to do the same! Then have a launch party!
- Post on all social media.
- Run Facebook Ads or Post on Facebook Groups.
- Post on Reddit & TikTok.
- Overcast Ads! Ads specifically designed for podcasts.
Are you ready to start a podcast? Green Bag Designs can help! We’ve got all your marketing needs IN THE BAG!