A social media calendar is a blueprint for your company’s marketing strategy. It’s a way to align your vision for the marketing team, to ensure the business’s website and social media channels are strong, focused, and efficient.
What is a social media calendar?
Social media calendars, also known as content calendars or editorial calendars, can be planned out monthly, quarterly, on a six month basis, or, as we do during our annual marketing sessions, on a yearly basis.
Planning out your content on a social calendar ahead of time, allows you to easily see which articles, products, or blog posts are to be published and helps you build an engaging audience who loves your business!
Why do I need a social media calendar?
- It ensures you’re posting on your accounts regularly.
- It saves you time.
- Your old content gets fresh eyes.
- It allows you to track your analytics so you can improve your feed.
- You’ll get more engagement opportunities w/ your audience.
How often should I post to my social media channels?
Your social media calendar schedule truly depends on the analytics for each of your social accounts. Our rule of thumb is to start your posting 3-5x a week and varying the times until you build your audience to the point you can review your analytics and adjust the times accordingly.
How do I create a social media calendar?
Once you’ve decided how often you’re going to post to your accounts, you can get started on finding the content for your calendar. Fill out the calendar in this order:
- Special categories and Holidays
- Promotions, Events, Announcements
- Evergreen content, conversation starters, multimedia, reshares
What should I include in my content calendar?
Depending on your business, there are many different things you can add to your editorial calendar. Here are just a few:
- Viral Blog posts (yours or another in your niche)
- Viral Videos
- Tutorial clips
- LIVE broadcasts
- Landing Pages
- And, of course, don’t forget your IG & FB stories & Reels!!!
Download a free copy of our content calendar to get you started → Free Social Media Calendar
Need help getting started on your content calendar? We can help! Schedule your call today!