How do I get discovered on Google?
It’s the high count query every small business owner, entrepreneur, and growing professional asks on the reg.
The simple answer? The bad news is there is not a quick fix to getting discovered on Google, but the necessary steps to get yourself front and center of your ideal client are easy to execute.
5 Simple Steps to Get Discovered on Google
- Claim your Google Business Profile and get your Google Business Page verified. We can’t stress this point enough! This one step offers so much free SEO potential, it’s worth its weight in platinum.
- Incorporate keywords in the copy of your website. This isn’t new information. Keywords are king and still play a major factor in helping your website get found in a Google search. Using a tool such as Google’s Keyword Planner is a great way to find which keywords would best fit your niche. The best words to use are ones with a high search volume, but low competition.
- Optimize your website for mobile. This step must be done if you want to get discovered on Google. Whether your website is built on Wix, WordPress, Squarespace, or Shopify, most now offer themes that include the formatting for both the desktop and mobile versions of your website.
- Submit your sitemap to Google Search Console. Make your website easier to crawl and ensure Google’s bots find your site by taking this step. Here’s how!
- Sign in to Google search console
- Select your Website
- Click on Sitemap from the left sidebar
- Add your Sitemap URL (Ex:sitemap_index.xml)
- Click submit
- Use Google Ads. Google Ad campaigns are a definite way to get you discovered on Google, and they won’t break your budget if you keep your keywords in check.
Need help getting your small biz discovered on Google? We can help! Schedule your call today!